Hey guys! Just in case you forgot, here are some of the things we talked about last week!
1) You guys came up with some great ideas for the Halloween Carnival which will be taking place on Saturday, October 27, 2012. Set Up will be from 1pm-2pm, the Carnival will run from 2pm-4pm and then clean-up will be 4pm-5pm. What you came up with included:
– Haunted Storytime – Statues
– Wanted Posters – Donuts on a string
– Treasure Hunts – Bobbing for apples
– Wheel of Fortune – Face Painting
– Purple, black and orange streamers for the doorway
– Balloons with scary faces on them and darts
I, also, did some researching and the “grown-ups” talked and discussed over the past week and used your awesome ideas to come up with the carnival games that we thought we could pull off this year. You can go to the Event Calendar or http://libraryinsight.net/eventdetails.asp?jx=g8p&lmx=287133&v=3 click on that link to see the library’s calendar advertisement for the carnival. AWESOME JOB GUYS!
2) I have made folders for my loyal returnees, and have extras for those of you who will be coming for the first time! I’m going to start giving you guys some stuff to take home to help pass the word along to parents about upcoming meetings and the stuff you guys come up with. Remember, if you can’t participate in an activity, it’s okay! Just let me know what you can and can’t do, all I care about is that we have some fun!
2.5) Some fun news! THE 1/4 SUBS ARE NOW FREE GUYS! Let’s applaud the Manlius Library Director for that one! So please don’t forget to register for the upcoming meetings so I can get enough subs for everyone to have a piece or two!
3) The next meeting, which is October 4th will include the following:
– Homework Help from 5pm-6pm (Again, SUBS AND WATER ARE FREE GUYS! I will have the $1.00 snacks still available if you all need to feed your munchy needs. So if you want to partake in those, you will still need to bring $1.00 with you. Alex, I’m getting sugar-free just for you buddy :-D).
– It’s Craft Time! We need to make the signs/advertisements to put up around the library, the signs for the games, and any cool decorations we want for the carnival! This will continue into the October 18th meeting as well.
I’m psyched guys! This is going to be so much fun! For those of you who haven’t been able to attend a Club Middle School event, please don’t hesitate to sign-up! New faces are always welcome! If you click on this link http://libraryinsight.net/EventSignUp.asp?t=509450432&jx=g8p&lmx=261915 you can sign up for the next meeting which will be on Thursday, October 4, 2012.
See you all next week!
~Ms. Heather (aka Ms. Librarian)